Saturday, March 6, 2010

skipped a week but here we go



ok it's been a while and a lot has happened!

week 1- (aka Allie and Daniela visit/bad weather)

Two Tuesdays ago Allie came with her Santa Barbara friend in Madrid Daniela. It was a really great time. I don't have any pictures to share because... well that story will come soon. On Tuesday night we went out to this really cute cocktail bar with a bunch of my friends and then went over to my friend Ben's to just hang out for a while. Wed the weather went to crap and it snowed... quite a bit. Then it rained and the snow went away... and then it sleeted. It was overall a pretty fun time... NOT. We got moving about a little after noon and went somewhere. I really can't remember I've been writing an essay all day and my brain is mush and full of facts about sectarianism Scotland. Anyways, it was my turn to do real meal wednesday so Allie helped me make a tortilla soup and a really yummy salad that rocked everyone's world. :D Thursday the girls were meant to go to the castle... but they didn't get moving till about threeish and only an hour at Edinburgh Castle is just not right so I gave them a fairly relaxed tour of old town. We went to Grassmarket, the Royal Mile and Bristo Square (my campus). We came back and got ready for a club night with my flatmates. It was a great night. Allie and Daniela pretended they were Spanish and didn't speak english... with pretty good success. haha. Friday we went to a pub for a proper pub meal and pints and to watch some rugby. Saturday I sent them off with the Mosque Kitchen for lunch. The Mosque Kitchen is some of the best curry in Edinburgh and it's pretty cheap! Saturday night, I got to meet the girlfriend of one of my mates here and she was just one of the most lovely people ever. :)

week 2- (aka last week/beautiful weather)

We had amazing sun for three days straight. It was so beautiful. There are these wee flowers in the park starting to bloom that look like tiny tulips. It makes me really happy to walk by them. Pub quiz went disastrous this week and we got last place, which earned us a bag of sweets (gummy candies). Tuesday became real meal day cause Aalok was off to Amsterdam the next day. We did a baked potato bar with chili, bacon, cheese and sour cream... it was glorious and delicious. Wednesday Ben, the Dundee kids (Jack, Couttie [his name is James Couttie but we just all call him Couttie], and Amy) and I went to the Scotland game against the Czech Republic at Hampden Park in Glasgow. IT WAS AN AMAZING ATMOSPHERE... and a sorta boring game but at least we won. The train ride was really fun just because it was sorta a bonding moment. The Dundee kids were joking that Ben was like Elijah Wood in the movie Green Street Hooligans. hehe. We went to a small pub before the game and it was great. So many men in kilts and these amazing hats. So many flags in the crowd and the singing. It was something I'll never forget. I have no pictures because my camera got stolen, but here are some pictures from the internet. Basically half the people there were dressed like this. It made me so happy.


We'll be coming...
We'll be coming...
We'll be coming down the road...
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys...
We'll be coming down the road...


The rest of this week is just writing my essays and trying to stay on top of school. Just got my exam schedule so most of my spring break is going to be preparing for the six exams I have to take.

Peace and Love,
Liesbeth

No comments: