Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sunshine days


For being in Edinburgh and being told that the weather was going to be terrible this last week and a half has been excellent. Very sunny very pretty and around 60 degrees most of the day. So much has happened in the last week that I think it would take me a day to write all about it. I very much enjoyed my three day of the highlands and got to see so many amazing things and met a bunch Aussies. I'm so glad they were part of my experience here.

I put most those pictures up on Facebook but I know not all of you are on there so let me know if you want a link to the photo album.

My first nine days here I got the pleasure of staying with friends of friends. They have to be some of the nicest people I have ever met and made my first days in Edinburgh absolutely amazing. Most of the time I just wandered around the city on my own but they treated me to a wonderful zoo visit and some absolutely delicious food and a wonderfully warm bed.

Freshers week has been really exciting but I'm definitely spending more time with Americans than Scottish people. haha. They are everywhere. really everywhere. I've got two football games under my belt but only in the pubs. I've yet to watch a match live.

I had my tryout for the football team here and a major language difference came up. Apparently a ball shagger(one that fetches the ball) is the funniest thing that these two nice Scottish girls had ever heard. haha. I've saved the life of a few other people in my program by pulling them back on to the sidewalk. The drivers here are crazy and we all habitually look the wrong way... like a lot. Pedestrians don't have the right of way and I swear to you these taxi drivers are looking to kill tourists. hahah.

Class starts Tuesday. I am taking a lot of chemistry classes and I'm a little nervous about how everything will go.

Love you all

Peace and Love-
Liesbeth

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

SOUNDS LIKE IT IS GOING GREAT. LOVE YOU... Have fun first week. CHEERS!

P. Claus said...

Funny and wonderful writing, Liesbeth. Sounds like you are doing great. Have a fantastic first week at school! Love, Mama