Saturday, December 18, 2010

Road Trip: Day 1 and Day 2

The road trip got off a little later than initially planned but off nonetheless. Got up at 5 am on Friday to the sound of my TARDIS alarm going off. I packed my stuff in the car, ate some toast, drank some coffee and got in the car.

The first day was mostly about getting through California as quickly as we could. We only stopped for gas, food, and the bathroom. My dad had me trying to take pictures of the Camio Real markers and I got some decent roadside pics of norcal like this one.


We went across the Golden Gate bridge which was really cool. I got some decent photos in the fog through the window. Most of the first day it was raining. By the time we got to Eureka it was dark and we were all tired so we called it a day.


Day two started with a drive through the Redwood State Park which was amazing. It was raining but that almost made it better. The rest of the day consisted of the stopping at different places on the Oregon coast checking out the coastline and the great rocks in the surf. I don't think I've seen the ocean look so wild and beautiful before.








We have a few more lighthouses on the trip for tomorrow. This one, the Cape Blanco Lighthouse, was really cool and one of the three lighthouses in Oregon still maintained by the coastguard. It has this really amazing lens that I took a few pictures of. Tomorrow should have some more great shots. I'm enjoying the rain but I'm kinda hoping it lets up a little.


I really wish we could go to portland but that will have to be on an other trip. I hope this finds you well and things are good.

Peace and Love,

Liesbeth

No comments: