Saturday, February 6, 2010

snow rain and sun


This week has been remarkably refreshing. Every part of my life has seemed to pick up a little which is nice, well almost every part... I'm finding it hard to put down the beer and chips and pick up a salad but I really need to focus on getting healthy. That's really not what I'm here to share though... moving on.

Monday morning I had a really lovely walk to class as the sun came up and the weather was just great. My history classes are getting very interesting. I'm learning a lot about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Ironically I also learned that bringing up said subject at a lunch with a boy I like was a terrible idea. I got to listen to 15 minutes of very passionate America bashing... and believe me I tried to change the conversation topic several times but failed. That being said the salad I had was absolutely delicious so I just focused on that. I don't think we will be doing lunch again anytime soon. haha

Tuesday it snowed which was nice even though I had to walk to class. Every time I go to class in the snow or rain I think about how in Santa Barbara there would be no chance of most of my friends roughin it for an one hour lecture. no way no how.


On Friday a few friends and I went to an Indian buffet for lunch for only £6. Most definitely one of the best ideas yet. The food was so good and £6 for curry, naan, and a dessert coffee is a steal.

Six Nations started today which means that Ben and I will be spending a lot of time at the pub watching rugby. Other sport related news, I'm going to the Everton vs Chelsea game at Goodison Park on Wed. It's going to be AWESOME!!! I get to not only see Tim Howard(US National team goalkeeper) in action but also Landon Donovan who is on loan to Everton from the LA Galaxy. Of course I get to see all the stars of Chelsea too which is cool, but not as cool as seeing Tim Howard.

I've started this other blog which is more just daily notes instead of my now weekly updates.

http://liesbethcamille.tumblr.com/

check it out.

I'm off to write an essay about the Catholic and Protestant conflict in Scotland in the 1920's and 1930's. Basically I get to talk about why Celtic and Rangers (the two soccer teams in Glasgow) hate each other on account of their religious affiliation.

Peace and Love,
Liesbeth

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Liesbeth - Thank you for sharing! What a great adventure you are having. Save those photos - You will look back on them with such smiles. :) Love, Jamie and Brian